Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Out of the dark and into His light...


I have thought so much lately about going back to school and getting my music recorded. My talks with God are becoming more and more... Lately I have been discussing a few things with my Maker about life and what that encompasses... I know that this year of my life has it's reason for being the way it is...why all is happening the way it is and so on and so forth. I have met some amazing people this year whom have been great to me. My sister is awesome and she has such a strong heart after God... She has been a huge encouragement to me over the last couple of years.
Others I have met and have become friends with are amazing too. WOOOOT
Life is good needless to say with all that is going on right now... Work is going well and I kinda live alone for the time being until I get a new roommate. We will see how that will work out when time comes.
I wrote an song a bout a month ago or so and it primarily talks about sharing a dream... I think too often we have thoughts or ideas or things that hinder us or things that excite us that we don't share with anyone.. we just keep it to ourselves and I have realized over the last few months that it's so important to share things with God... just literally tell Him everything although he probably already knows... It's just great to say "hey God I don't feel very good" or "God.. why is my arm hurting"... those are just lame examples.. God is more sovereign than we think... I know that telling Him things that are important to us... is so great. Then aside from telling the Lord and laying things at His feet we also have the "body" whom we should share things with... "problems, pains, praises, etc..." I have learned that when we keep things in the dark we are going to struggle hard my friends... It's then, when we don't talk about things that our mind manifests it's own ideas about certain things and twists and turns them until the enemy gets a hold of our deepest secrets. It feels pretty bad when you don't feel like you can talk about something with anyone...
Don't let your thoughts or feelings stay bottled up.. Share them...live them
Share your dreams with others...we are an encouraging body of Christ. Share your dreams with God.
He always listens. He is AWESOME...GOD IS AWESOME!

His,
-Dan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love you, Bro.

Anonymous said...

mmmm. Hoe het jou Slingshot tyd gegaan?? Jy's kief.