Friday, February 18, 2005

"This is my desire"....

This last week that just past was an awsome experience. I went to a silent retreat centre in the foot hills of the Rocky mountians in Alberta. The place is called Kingsfold retreat centre. THe reason I went was becuase I was attending a spiritual discipline seminar for the week there. Our instructor was Marylin Martin a spiritual life director from Ottawa Ontario. She was really kool and had a real genuine spirit for God. During the week we were able to experience a number of different things. We did communion everyday and practiced certain disciplined ways to pray. We learned how to set up a "rule of life" for our selves. This week was great we were able to go for long walks in the foothills of the mountains and just see the beauty of this amazing site. One day of our week there we fasted and had a day of silence where we did not speak or eat. It was pretty interesting not to talk , however I did not find this day to be difficult. THe Lord was definitaly working in my heart. Over all I would say it was a good get-a-way week and it was nice to just be away from the city and alot of school work.

THe Lord taught me alot of things about myself during my times of sollitude , I have realiized that my life needs to Focus on Him in everything I do. There are too many things here at school that I focus on and it's hard to have a clear mind to truly engage in a good time of prayer and genuine relationship with Christ. SO I have come back and I need to make some changes in my life. I realized how much I need GOd in this time in my life and how little I actually give Him. I need to discipline myself and start living for my God. Over this week GOd has taught me alot about humility and that I need to put othere ahead of me. But I cant do this untill I start to live everday for Him by giving Him all I can and have. It's gonna be tough but I know God will help me get there.
It's just aout actually wanting it... ANd I do...
My prayer is that God would Humble, break, strenghten and grow me in Him.
He is the Love of my Life, He is what I need to Live, He is the bread of my Life.

I love GOd with all my heart...
I am going to make it my atmost effort to work on my spiritual life for the rest of this semester. I want to change for my GOd and be how he wants me to be.
This will be my Goal and the next challenge in my life.

Peace out....

His,
DAn

No comments: