Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Almost tomorrow...


My recent discovery of a "sweet" something new has gotten me hooked. I am not at all imbarassed to say what it is either. Gilmore Girls is a great show and I started watching it right from the start today. Episode 1 thru 5 hahah yes five hours. It seems a little intense I guess, if only I could do that with a good book and read for five hours. Reading more is something I really yearn for. Anyhoo this show (Gilmore Girls) is awesome. The characters are great and the neigbours are weird, however they remind me of real people.
Today I went by my sisters house to grab some boxes for my move on Saturday and ended up talking with a couple of Merissa's roomates. I then proceeded home to continue my 5 hour streak of what I am now hooked on. Before I got home I thought about what I read last night at a bible study. I realised that God is so just... He has so much reason and is so powerful in making things happen. I thought about my situation about not being able to go back to school for a year and how I am scared about what this year is gonna have instore for me... I wander about my sanity at work... and the music that I have written and what to do with all the descisions or goals/plans that stream through my head. Ultimately I came to the conclusion that only God knows what will happen with all those things... Only He has control over the outcome in the end.
I seek Him daily and lift problems, praises and issues up to Him becuase He will help me deal with them. It's just a little frustrating to know that I won't be going to school. And I am trying to except that He has a reason for this year... I am just ansy... Oh God knows... He does.

I need more time for me, alone time away from work, and life stresses, but where does one go or what do you do to find such a place or a time to have peace and quiet... In His word? I get distracted with stuff... I need to find a place of solitude. I will succeed... Only with Him guiding me though...

Work is 7 hours away I need sleep, I need to dream.
Listen to the Father speak...

Good night all,
Dan

1 comment:

Merissa said...

haha Gilmore Girls...i knew you'd get hooked! who are your fave characters so far? Kirk makes me laugh really hard.

Dan i like that you are writing in your blog.
When you move into your new place this week, find a spot where you can have solitude (it will probably be your room) but like use it for spending time with God everytime. Make a little habit out of it. Like a prayer closet, but only not necessarily a closet.
Know what I mean?

Dan i'm so glad we can hang out all the time again.

love you.