Thursday, February 19, 2009

The greatful and good...

Praise - © Dan Nel Photography 2008
A day like today... well aside from the massive amounts of rage caused by things at work, and the fact that I feel like I'm getting sick again...I really have to admit that things just really aren't all that bad. Life is good... it really is. We have a Creator that loves us deeply and that will draw near to us as we draw near to Him. He is always with us and we are in His presence. I think it's funny sometimes that as Christians, during times of worship we might say "we invite you into our presence Lord" Wait a sec.. He is God! He is omnipotent... He is everywhere all the time. Just thought I'd mention that...So how can we say "join us" Always did wonder about it.. Maybe it's a symbolic thing, that we are welcoming Him... but still should we not be saying "Thank you Lord for letting us meet here with You today"... Maybe I'm wrong.. Perhaps you could explain your thoughts about this..
Anyhow back to Life being Good.. I have a roof over my head.. I have a car, a family, some awesome friends an amazing girlfriend. And I have a God that wants to have a relationship with me. Who forgives me and provides me with healing when I break.. that is pretty amazing. God loves me for who I am, and he is shaping me daily to want a more Holy life.. the quest for sanctification... He blesses me with gifts of the spirit that encourage me and others. He walks side by side with me in good times and in horrible times.. Yet He never changes, He is always my God and my friend.

For this I am greatful..

-Dan

No comments: